Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Accounts Payable clerk performs routine tasks in support of accounts payable process within the US Financial Shared Service Center. The primary responsibility is the accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices and reconciling payable ledger accounts.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Process a high volume of purchase invoices (including credit notes) according to defined policies and procedures
- Understand the 3 way matching concept of purchase order to payment
- Review accounting documents to identify unusual or overdue items and escalate to the appropriate Accounts Payable team member accordingly
- Open departmental mail and prepare for scanning into SAP Maintains appropriate filing systems for financial documentation
- Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for FSSC management
- Resolve invoice discrepancies by utilizing workflow technology and liaise with appropriate business units to determine cause and solution
- Work to adhere to service level agreements (SLA's) and performance targets related to accounts payable activities
- Support period end financial closing activities for Accounts Payable and other departments
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. Occasionally additional hours are required as necessary
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external audience
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain focused on the objective
- Strong knowledge of analytical tools, spreadsheets and databases in the current company operating system environment (MS Office) and IT.
- Solid data entry skills and working knowledge in MS applications; Excel and Word
- SAP accounting systems experience desirable.
- Drive daily to pick up mail at US Post Office
- High School diploma/Secondary Certificate or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of standard accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks in changing situations
- Ability to recognize and solve typical problems and select solutions from established options
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and accurate data entry skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-###-#### or [Click Here to Email Your Resum ].