Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work . We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Survey Crew Chief in Dayton, OH.
The Survey Crew Chief will set-up and operate equipment and instruments used at job sites to measure, record and calculate data for all types of Airport or Aviation survey projects including: construction staking, boundary surveying, topographic surveying, photo control and LiDAR support. Provide communications Survey Coordinators and leadership, manage field data, maintain field notes and files, and review final drawings.
- Operate and maintain all surveying and data collection instruments and complete calibration checks
- Follow required safety standards and guidelines
- Document written field notes and daily records
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys
- Perform calculations utilizing calculator or supplied data collectors
- Record the results of surveying and verify the accuracy of data with proper field checks recorded
- Transmit survey data results, which includes sending data to the home office from remote field locations
- Lead survey crew by providing direction and leadership by demonstrating an attitude for safety, cost control, efficiency and professionalism
- Direct and mentor two or more-person survey crew to complete field survey tasks, as required
- Assist in training of staff on field methods and instrument use and care
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- 5+ years of surveying experience using conventional, robotic, or related surveying equipment
- Prior experience with Airport or Aviation Survey Procedures preferred
- Proven experience using Trimble GPS and Survey Controller
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2013/2016 and Microstation preferred but not required
- Exhibit working knowledge of the Public Land Survey System
- Required to have satisfactory results on a Motor Vehicle Record check and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must travel 75% or more to remote field locations, including some overnight stays, as needed
- Perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
- Ability to work extended hours, including some weekends
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather and terrain conditions
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs. and do repetitive work such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they're serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Learn more about our Great Place To Work certification:
Associated topics: assistant general manager, front end, gm, manager, operations, produce manager, restaurant leader, restaurant manager, service manager, shift manager